By Carla C. Ballatan
Car accident cases have many kinds of special issues that arise during litigations. These make litigations for auto accident claims more difficult and complicated.
In these issues, potential third parties spring out to become liable for the injuries incurred by the victims. As such, the litigation process must take steps to consider or hear out these special matters in order to litigate a case, thoroughly.
Here are several subjects occurring from the accident, which usually turns up as the litigation proceedings unfolds:
– Accidents involving hit-and-run – these cases have the driver as the main cause of injuries due to his failure in stopping at the scene of the accident. The hit-and-run victim may encounter some difficulty in identifying or pinpointing the liable driver and therefore brings on a lawsuit.
– Accidents involving Car-Pedestrian – these kinds of cases evolves once an automobile collides or hits a pedestrian. Often, the pedestrian victim suffers catastrophic injuries. However, they find it difficult to make claims against the liable driver since the conduct or actions of the pedestrian is also being attributed.
– Accidents involving Car-Motorcycle – Collisions between cars and motorcycles usually leave the motorcycle operator with severe injuries. This is the case although the crash may be considered relatively minor if it had been two cars colliding.
Some suggestions imply that motorcycle operators suffer from predisposition by the jury panel. They were usually blamed for causing the collision. This, even if the accident has clear indications and evidences that it was the negligence of the car driver that caused it.
– Accidents involving Car-Bicycle – like the car-motorcycle collisions, the bicyclist is usually left with serious injuries after being hit by a car. Some accidents also happen when car drivers accidentally open their car doors in front of a speeding bicyclist. The car driver’s arguments usually state of not seeing the bicyclist before opening his door or having misjudged the bicycle’s speed.
On the other hand, it is also a fact that some bicyclists engage in dangerous activities while on the road. Noted violations are ignoring of traffic signals and riding on the wrong side. These actions make accidents a possibility.
– Accidents involving buses – The sheer mass and size of typical buses make accidents quite serious matters and attract great attention. Furthermore, bus passengers are most often unrestrained, causing more victims to suffer injuries.
Other accidents, which arouse special issues in motor vehicle – involved car accidents, are the following:
— tractor-trailer and semi-truck accidents
— vehicle modifications involving after-market parts
— road debris accidents
About the Author: Our Los Angeles Attorneys are expert in handling car accident cases, visit us at